Friends invited us over for dinner last night – can you image how brave they were? They invited me – a celiac vegan – and my husband who is on his way to veganville!
One of our friends is celiac and they both appreciate the vegan lifestyle but not quite yet ready to embrace the entire diet. So I was most impressed when the dinner consisted of Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower and vegetable stir-fry! We were thrilled.
It is humbling when friends extend themselves to support our diets. The recipe seems easy and one I’ll be preparing soon!
(this one is from http://www.peta.org – I varied a couple of ingredients for vegan)
Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower ‘Wings’
1 cup water
1 cup rice flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into pieces
1 cup buffalo or hot sauce
1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Combine the water flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 18 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine your buffalo sauce and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve alongside vegan blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.